Re: AIO Support and related package information??

From: Sébastien Dugué
Date: Wed Sep 28 2005 - 08:43:28 EST

On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 13:58 +0100, vikas gupta wrote:
> hi Sebastien,
>
> Thanks for your Support
> well i am able to build for arm platform by removing
> all the exit statments from configure script but while
> executing on arm board ,i am getting this result log
> for libposix-0.6/check :
>
> aio_cancel: cancel error : 1 (Operation not permitted)
> aio_cancel_fd: cancel returned AIO_NOTCANCELED
> aio_fsync: fsync error 1 (Operation not permitted)
> aio_read_one_sig: aio_read error: Invalid argument
> aio_read_one_thread: aio_read error: Invalid argument
> aio_read_one_thread_id: aio_read error: Invalid
> argument
> aio_suspend: Cannot create testfile: Invalid argument
> aio_suspend_timeout: Cannot create testfile: Invalid
> argument
> aio_write_one_sig: aio_write error: Invalid argument
> aio_write_thread: aio_write error: Invalid argument
> aio_write_one_thread_id: aio_write error: Invalid
> argument
> lio_listio_wait: Cannot open testfile: Invalid
> argument
> lio_listio_nowait: Cannot open testfile: Invalid
> argument
>
> only two test cases ./aio_read_one and ./aio_write_one
> is not giving
> any
> error
>
> Is this justified
> Do you think it is correct ,This is with bare
> kernel2.6.11 and libposix-0.6 package

This is perfectly normal as a vanilla kernel only have
support for aio_read and aio_write without event notification
so only aio_read_one and aio_write_one will pass

> 2)
>
> > ./configure --disable-default-maxevents
> > --disable-aio-signal
> > --disable-lio-signal --disable-lio-wait
> > --disable-cancel-fd
> > --disable-buffered-aio
> >
> > that way, the configure script will not try to
> > autodetect
> > kernel features.
> >
> > The configure options available may be found with
> >
> > configure --help
> >
> > aio_read and aio_write with no event notification
> > should work
> > provided you implemented the ARM syscall wrappers.
>
> I tried this approach but i am getting these errors
>
> Errors :
>
> checking for signal support on AIO completion...
> configure: error:
> cannot
> run test program while cross compiling
> See `config.log' for more details.
> checking for signal support on LIO completion...
> configure: error:
> cannot
> run test program while cross compiling
>
> Can this be Resolved

Strange, if you gave the --disable-aio-signal and
--disable-lio-signal arguments, configure should not even
try to check those features. Send me your resulting
config.log.

Sébastien.

Sébastien Dugué BULL/FREC:B1-247
phone: (+33) 476 29 77 70 Bullcom: 229-7770

mailto:sebastien.dugue@xxxxxxxx

Linux POSIX AIO: http://www.bullopensource.org/posix