Re: I request inclusion of SAS Transport Layer and AIC-94xx intothe kernel

From: David S. Miller
Date: Wed Sep 28 2005 - 18:30:45 EST

From: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:22:53 -0400

> Both Luben and his predecessor, Justin Gibbs, were severely dissatisfied
> with the SCSI core. Often they have raised valid issues that need
> addressing, but their choice has been to work around or ignore existing
> code (and maintainers), rather than work with it, and fix it.

I'm in violent agreement here.

Justin was just as anti-social of an engineer as one could get. And,
when you put an ex-FreeBSD guy onto Linux driver maintainence, what in
the world could anyone expect. :-)

For example, instead of accepting that the symbol "current" is a
reserved symbol when compiling under the Linux kernel, he decided that
"sticking a square peg into a round hole" was a better way to deal
with this, and thus he put an "#undef current" into the adaptec driver
instead of simply renaming a structure member from "current" to
something else.

I don't know how else to define "control freak".