Re: I request inclusion of SAS Transport Layer and AIC-94xx intothe kernel

From: Bruce Ferrell
Date: Thu Sep 29 2005 - 14:22:58 EST

Well said John!

For that matter get us a driver for the embedded 7902 (is that the one? I forget now) with host raid support.

John Stoffel wrote:
Luben,

I'd really prefer if you'd just stop on your tirade and just send in a
10 line patch for the existing linux SCSI subsystem to fix something
you think is wrong.

Code talks, bullshit walks.

Sure, Linux SCSI might not be ideal, but how many people do you know
have SAS storage on their home PCs right now? Heck, I don't have SATA
or PIV on my home system!

And as a customer of Adaptec hardware, I'm getting to the point of
seriously taking my money and going elsewhere for my storage needs.
If you are a general example of how Adaptec works with its customers,
then I want nothing to do with you or your products.

Sure, I know you think Linux is stuck in the past, so help us move to
the future in small baby steps. It doesn't require big huge leaps
like you're proposing. I mean, have you actually tried to your old
legacy SCSI controllers in a system with your new hardware? How did
your testing go?

Now I'm not a programmer, and I can't talk like one, but in my real
life job I'm a SysAdmin and knowing what I know about Adaptec's
interactions on this list will certainly color my perceptions of your
hardware and trying to make it work with my company.

John