KGDB Problem on Mandrake 10.0 ...............

From: salman khan
Date: Sun Oct 02 2005 - 02:59:33 EST

Sir,
I am using kernel 2.6.10 (mandrake 10.0) & same
KGDB patch . I have
made all connection proper (verified ) , also tested
simple program
(just using bt , next , step commands ). while using
KGDB for Module i
have downloaded gdb patch "gdbmod.bz2" from
www.linsyssoft.com & had
installed it , i have placed that "gdbmod" file
(extracted file) in ' /bin
' . After giving gdbmod
command it shows me "Permission denied " message so
then i changed
the rights & made it executable. while giving gdbmod
command to 'vmlinux'
on
developement m/c i got sementation fault .

[root@localhost linux-2.6.10]# gdbmod vmlinux
GNU gdb 6.0
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General
Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it
under certain conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show
warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as
"i686-pc-linux-gnu"...Segmentation fault (core dumped)
What is wrong with this ?
Please help me.

mail me : shashank_pict@xxxxxxxxx

- Shashank K.