Re: A possible idea for Linux: Save running programs to disk

From: Lexington Luthor
Date: Sun Oct 02 2005 - 15:52:24 EST

lokum spand wrote:

In fact moving processes from one machine to another would be a brilliant feature at my work, since we run fairly large and time-consuming simulations on electronic circuits. If the kernel could natively support bouncing jobs back and forth, that would really be something. Since we simulate with proprietary software, I suppose we can't rely on the simulator being rewritten to support such special libraries.

The OpenSSI patches to the Kernel can make a network of machines behave like a single system image with automatic process migration, among other things.

http://openssi.org

Regards,
LL