Re: what's next for the linux kernel?

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Mon Oct 03 2005 - 00:45:49 EST

Allow me to apply Rusty's technique, if you will.

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
Hi,

> Can all you great kernel hackers, who only know a little bit
> less than me and have only built a slightly less successful
> kernel than I have, stop what you are doing and do it my way
> instead?

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your concise and non-rambling letter that is actually
readable - a true rarity on lkml these days.

To answer your question: I think we would all be happy to examine
your ideas when you can provide some real numbers and comparisions
and actual technical arguments as to why they are better than the
current scheme we have in Linux.

Nick

PS. I am disappointed not to have seen any references to XML in
your proposal. May I suggest you adopt some kind of XML format
for your message protocol?