Re: Bug at mm/rmap.c:493, Kernel 2.6.13.2

From: Christian Seiler
Date: Mon Oct 03 2005 - 10:58:51 EST

Hello,

> Please try Linus' patch at the bottom: on dual Opteron, our best guess
> is that yours is a different manifestation of the same underlying issue.

Thanks a lot - this patch really seems to help. The server is now up for
1.5 hours with the kernel patch and the error did not occur anymore.

Furthermore, another issue I had on that computer, seems to be fixed by
this patch, too: gcc and ld sometimes failed to compile/link a file at
random, gcc exiting with error code 1 and no message and ld exiting with
the error message:

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: rtld.c: 1075: dl_main: Assertion
`_rtld_local._dl_rtld_map.l_libname' failed!

This error occured at random. It seems to be gone now. I didn't report
it here because I thought it was an issue with binutils, gcc or glibc
but it seems that this kernel patch fixes it, too.

Thanks!

Christian