Re: thinkpad suspend to ram and backlight

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Tue Oct 04 2005 - 07:04:24 EST

Hi!

> > > When I suspend to RAM on x32, backlight is not turned off. (And, IIRC,
> > > video chips is not turned off, too). Unfortunately, backlight is not
> > > turned even when lid is closed. I know some patches were floating
> > > around to solve that... but I can't find them now. Any ideas?
> >
> > Which framebuffer driver? Vesafb works for Timo, at least he did not
> > complain lately ;-)
>
> It's never too late to complain: I just gave it a try with vesfb.
> Backlight stays on.
>
> When eying the display precisely it seems to be switched off for a short
> moment once the system enters S3 but then gets turned on again.

Yes, same with radeonfb here.

I use

#!/bin/bash
radeontool light off
echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep
radeontool light on

...and it works most of the time. Sometimes screen is corrupted after
resume, another suspend/resume cycle cures that. (Strange!)

Pavel
--
if you have sharp zaurus hardware you don't need... you know my address