Re: 2.6.14-rc3-rt2

From: Mark Knecht
Date: Tue Oct 04 2005 - 11:44:52 EST

On 10/4/05, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> * K.R. Foley <kr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > >i have released the 2.6.14-rc3-rt2 tree, which can be downloaded from
> > >the usual place:
> > >
> > > http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/
> > >

> > Ingo,
> >
> > This one seems to be missing some pieces :-)
> >
> > http://people.redhat.com/mingo/realtime-preempt/patch-2.6.14-rc3-rt5
>
> ugh. uploaded -rt6.
>
> Ingo

Hi Ingo,
OK, I'm up and running 2.6.14-rc3-rt7. I see no run-time problems
yet, but I am seeing the machine hang when shutting down. It seems to
happen about 50% of the time and happened also on 2.6.14-rc3-rt1,
always at:

Unloading Alsa modules

It just sits there and never moves on. If I power cycle the box
then I sometimes have to do an fsck on the next boot.

This may possibly be caused by some stranded Jack process or
something I haven't noticed yet. I'll keep looking.

My working config is attached. Maybe it will help when looking at
someone's who's isn't working yet. Comments on better config are
always welcome from anyone reading this.

Cheers,
Mark