Re: error during compiling the kernel 2.6.10 on FC3

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Tue Oct 04 2005 - 17:18:56 EST

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 15:09:38 EDT, "linux-os (Dick Johnson)" said:
> On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, umesh chandak wrote:
> > I am compiling kernel 2.6.10 on FC3 as usual

> Install new Module-Init-tools package as shown in
> ../linux-`uname -r`/Documentation/Changes...

One has to wonder how he got FC3 to boot without the new module tools,
given that it's a 2.6 kernel with everything and its pet monkey built
as modules. Getting FC3 *installed* without them requires some rather
interesting abuse of the 'rpm' command or other similar stunts, and the
resulting system will spew tons of 'QM_MODULE' errors while booting.

His problems almost certainly lie elsewhere.