Re: 3Ware 9500S-12 RAID controller -- poor performance

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 06:26:29 EST

> Something is very wrong with this card / driver /
> firmware and or kernel combination, hopefully someone
> can help out.

I think I have to agree; see my post from:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=112282837926689&w=2

I've got about 30MB/s from a single threaded version of my
backup code - which seems rather on the low side for
a modern RAID-5; with multiple writers I was seeing sub-5MB/s
but that might be fair if it is seeking everywhere.

I'd be interested to hear how your experiments with jbod'ing them
go.

Dave
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM,SPARC,PPC & HPPA | In Hex /