Re: freebox possible GPL violation

From: Pierre Michon
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 10:09:32 EST

Hi,

> First, it is very arguable to say that they are "distributing" the
>software as it does not comes with the FreeBox but is automatically
>downloaded at each boot through the DSLAM network (which the user is not
>supposed to know about).
Have you read my first comment ?
If you said there is nothing in the freebox, how does it boot in order
to recover the firmware ?
They made a no-GPL firmware, that manage the led screen, the adsl chip,
ppp, that can do http request ?

Why does it need to rebbot when a new firmware is available ?

I am bored that people always give the same suspicious arguments...

Pierre