Re: AMD Geode GX/LX support V2

From: Lennart Sorensen
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 14:15:56 EST

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 01:27:11PM -0600, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> if anything it would be the GEODEGX1 option, but i486 would work just as
> well.

Well I may switch to the GX1 setting later when it actually appears in
the kernel.

> No - the SC1200 and GX1 use the cs5530 companion chip which has a different
> IDE engine then the CS5535.

So the SC1200 is a GX1 and CS5530 in one chip then (given the SC1200
doesn't need a companion chip)? Currently I use the SC1200 ide driver.
So far no DMA, but that could be because I use compact flash on the ide
connector. The card claims to support DMA though as far as I can tell.
or is the SCx200 using it's own ide system?

Len Sorensen