Re: 2.6.14-rc3-rt9 - a few xruns misses

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Thu Oct 06 2005 - 03:30:55 EST

* Mark Knecht <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> This is nothing particularily new. I'm just presenting it to
> represent what I'm seeign and get some guidance about how to find out
> what's going on.

lets first check whether all the RT priorities are set up correctly for
your audio setup. Could you send me your /proc/interrupts, your .config
and the output of:

ps -eo pid,pri,rtprio,cmd

there are lots of built-in methods in the -rt kernel to figure out the
source of latencies. If the default methods do not show anything then
worst-case we can activate the kernel's latency tracer to record the
actual xrun critical path.

Ingo