Re: 2.6.14-rc3-rt2

From: Luck, Tony
Date: Thu Oct 06 2005 - 11:27:35 EST

> It's a theoretical only issue for mainline right now. The only architectures
> using the ACPI code are i386,x86-64,ia64. The first two are ok with
> truncating. The IA64 PSR is longer than 32bit, but unless I'm misreading the
> code they only care about the "i" bit which is also in the lower 32bit (Tony
> can probably confirm/deny)

Andi is right ... if you follow the "acpi_os_release_lock" trail, you
eventually get to include/asm-ia64/system.h with the following definition
for __local_irq_restore:

#define __local_irq_restore(x) ia64_intrin_local_irq_restore((x) & IA64_PSR_I)

and the IA64_PSR_I bit is bit 14 ... safely in the low 32 bits. So this is
a correct fix, but will have no effect on ia64.

-Tony