Re: [2.6] binfmt_elf bug (exposed by klibc).

From: PaweÅ Sikora
Date: Fri Oct 07 2005 - 10:42:18 EST

Dnia piÄtek, 7 paÅdziernika 2005 17:33, Horst von Brand napisaÅ:
> PaweÅ Sikora <pluto@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Dnia piÄtek, 7 paÅdziernika 2005 15:46, Horst von Brand napisaÅ:
>
> [...]
>
> > > binutils-2.16.91.0.2-4 doesn't. It looks like you are using broken
> > > tools.
> >
> > I didn't say that is (or not) a binutils bug.
> > I'm only saying that kernel is killng a valid micro application.
>
> If binutils generates an invalid executable, it is not a valid application.

ehh, please look again at my first post :)
binutils-2.16 generates VALID app with .text/.interp and *without* .bss.
kernel always calls padzero() for the .bss section inside load_elf_binary().
finally it kills a valid app. did i miss something?

--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing.