Re: USB-> bluetooth adapter problem

From: Luke Albers
Date: Sun Oct 09 2005 - 19:46:30 EST

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

Hi Luke,

I have a 3com USB bluetooth adapter, that worked for me at one time, that I can't get working anymore.

The model is 3CREB96B

Sometimes it isnt even noticed when I plug it in, but after restarting hotplug I get this:

usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
hci_usb_probe: Can't set isoc interface settings
usb 4-1: USB disconnect, address 2

I don't think that I have removed any options from the kernel that should cause this, and other USB devices work fine.

Can someone please explain this message in more detail (google turns up very little)?

try to load the hci_usb driver with "isoc=0". This disables the SCO
support inside the driver.

Regards

Marcel

Thanks for your reply.

Under "Bluetooth subsystem support" I removed support for "SCO links support", and then under "Bluetooth device drivers" I removed SCO (voice) support. What is still left:

HCI USB driver
HCI UART driver
-UART (H4) protocol support
-BCSP protocol support
HCI BCM203x USB driver
HCI BlueFRITZ! USB driver
HCI VHCI (Virtual HCI device) driver

I realize that some of these shouldnt be in there, but I don't think they are causing problems, either. Anyway, after I removed the items mentioned above, and after plugging in the bluetooth adapter, this is what I get:

Oct 9 20:24:17 Obliterus usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
Oct 9 20:24:18 Obliterus usb 4-1: USB disconnect, address 2
Oct 9 20:24:18 Obliterus Bluetooth: HCI USB driver ver 2.8
Oct 9 20:24:18 Obliterus usbcore: registered new driver hci_usb

So it looks like it immediately disconnects. It doesn't show up with lspci at all either. I havent tried using the hci_usb as a module and setting isoc=0 yet, but am I correct that removing the SCO stuff from the kernel took care of the problem, since I no longer get the same message?

Thanks