Re: PCI driver

From: Manu Abraham
Date: Mon Oct 10 2005 - 08:30:13 EST

Rolf Eike Beer wrote:

Am Montag, 10. Oktober 2005 14:48 schrieben Sie:

Rolf Eike Beer wrote:

IIRC the call to pci_enable_device() must be the first thing you do. This
will do the things like assigning memory regions to the device and so on.

I fixed this one

Returning 0 in error cases is just wrong. And you free the assignments even
in case of success AFAICS. Try the return I introduced above and see what
happens.

I fixed this one too ..

I have fixed most of the stuff, it is partly working, not ready yet as
there are some more things to be added to ..
I have attached what i was working on.

If the kmalloc() fails in mantis_pci_probe() you don't call pci_disable_device(). And you should kzalloc() instead of kmalloc() and memset().

Yep, thanks for pointing it out ..

It looks like you never use "__u16 vendor_id;" and "__u16 device_id;" in struct mantis_pci.

I was working on that part, not yet finished on that ..

Thanks,
Manu