Re: select(0,NULL,NULL,NULL,&t1) used for delay

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Mon Oct 10 2005 - 13:05:41 EST

Alex Riesen wrote:
On 10/6/05, Madhu K.S. <madhu.subbaiah@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

In many application we use select() system call for delay.

example:
select(0,NULL,NULL,NULL,&t1);

select() for delay is very inefficient. I modified sys_select() code for

Why don't you just use nanosleep(2) (or usleep)?

I think the answers here are (a) because there's an existing code base, and (b) as long as the functionality is required it might as well be provided optimally. If tou're going to do something at all, do it right.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)