Re: 2.4.31 CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBDEV

From: Nick Warne
Date: Mon Oct 10 2005 - 13:24:33 EST

On Sunday 09 October 2005 21:40, Willy Tarreau wrote:

> > Oct 9 10:41:49 kernel: keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?(ed)
> > Oct 9 10:41:50 kernel: keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?(f4)
>
> (...)
>
> > Therefore I still have to manually edit include/linux/pc_keyb.h to undef
> > the (no) keyboard timeouts:
>
> This option is not used for pc_keyb.c inclusion which is linked unless you
> set CONFIG_DUMMY_KEYB (check drivers/char/Makefile for this), in which case
> you'll use dummy_keyb.c which was made exactly for your usage.

OK, thanks, but I am still confused. I had to add CONFIG_DUMMY_KEYB=y
manually (i386), as nowhere could I find an option in menuconfig (and
find/grep revealed nothing either)...

This now boots with no keyboard warnings, as suggested (after I removed keymap
etc. from start scripts). But I still think I done it all wrong?

Nick
--
http://sourceforge.net/projects/quake2plus

"When you're chewing on life's gristle,