Re: blocking file lock functions (lockf,flock,fcntl) do not returnafter timer signal

From: Mark Lord
Date: Wed Oct 12 2005 - 11:07:06 EST

linux-os (Dick Johnson) wrote:
On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Michael Kerrisk wrote:

But this is not correct. write() is async-signal-safe (POSIX
requires it).

Then tell it to the doom-sayers who always excoriate me when
I use a 'C' runtime library call in test signal code. I have
been told that the __only__ thing you can do in a signal handler
is access global memory and/or execute siglongjmp().

Try "man 2 signal", and read the list of signal-safe functions
given at the bottom of the manpage, from POSIX 1003.1-2003.

write() is included (of course it is, since it is really a
kernel syscall not a library function).

Cheers