Re: 2.6.14-rc4-rt1 - enable IRQ-off tracing causes kernel to faultat boot

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 07:48:01 EST

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Mark Knecht wrote:

> Question: Is a 'null modem' cable just a plain serial cable, or is it
> a special serial cable I need to go buy?

Also make sure that you get a cable with two female ends. If the computer
guy has half a clue, asking for a 'null modem cable' with two female ends
to connect two computers together. Should be enough info for him to get
you the right cable. Although he might ask "9 pin or 25?". Which you
would say 9. :-)

-- Steve