Re: [patch 0/2] acpiphp: hotplug adapters with bridges on them

From: Paul Ionescu
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 14:39:36 EST

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:45:45 -0700, Kristen Accardi wrote:

> These 2 patches will allow adapters with p2p bridges on them to be
> successfully hotplugged using the acpiphp driver. Currently, if you
> attempt to hotplug an adapter with a p2p bridge on it, the operation will
> fail because resources are not allocated to it properly. These patches
> have had very limited testing as I only have one machine and one type of
> adapter to test this with. I tested this with 2.6.14-rc2, but the patch
> applies fine to rc3 as well.

Is this patch supposed to allow me to hot-plug/hot-eject my laptop in its
docking station ?
I have an IBM T41 and a docking station with extra IDE/PCI/PCMCIA bus-es on it.
I've tried for a long time to make them work hot, but till now, I could
not make them work.
I can only use the docking station if I boot in it.

Thanks,
Paul