documentation? (i learned something today ;-) )

From: Damir Perisa
Date: Sat Oct 15 2005 - 08:25:08 EST

hi all,

Le Saturday 15 October 2005 09:48, Anton Altaparmakov a écrit :
| If it has sysrq compiled in as root just do:
|
| echo s > /proc/sysrq-trigger
| echo u > /proc/sysre-trigger
| echo s > /proc/sysrq-trigger
| echo b > /proc/sysrq-trigger
|
| This will "sync", "umount/remount read-only", "sync", "immediate
| hardware reboot".  Should always work...

i'm impressed that i see that sysrq also works from procfs.... the
"PrintScreen/SysRq" button on my keyboard from time to time does not work
(old keyboard) and then it's pain hitting this key if you have to.

great news that you can also pass sysrq requests using proc - i've learned
something today... is this documented somewhere? maybe i'm bad in
reading/finding docs but i think i'm not the only one here. can somebody
point me to the links of docs where all this magic is specified? if not,
i will try to start my own docs on how to use the linux kernel magic.
mainly a collection of tricks like this and similar ones.

thank you in advance + greetings,
Damir

--
Customer: (angrily) "You said I would get 98 windows with this computer.
Where are they?"