Re: tsc_c3_compensate undefined since patch-2.6.13-rt13

From: Rui Nuno Capela
Date: Sun Oct 16 2005 - 17:44:44 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
* Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ingo,

I'll take this late opportunity to report something that have been looking suspicious since 2.6.13-rt13, inclusive, about this symbol of tsc_c3_compensate being undefined and causing some noise on all kernel builds since then.

To put things in brief, here follows a small exchange that took place on the linux-audio-user list, regarding this thingie. Apparently for Mark, it was a kernel build showstopper.

thanks for the reminder!

WARNING: /lib/modules/2.6.13.1-rt13.0mdk/kernel/drivers/char/hangcheck-timer.ko needs unknown symbol do_monotonic_clock
WARNING: /lib/modules/2.6.13.1-rt13.0mdk/kernel/drivers/acpi/processor.ko needs unknown symbol tsc_c3_compensate

back then i fixed do_monotonic_clock, but forgot to export tsc_c3_compensate. I have fixed this in my tree, and have uploaded the 2.6.14-rc3-rt3 patch. Does it build without warnings for you now?

As it seems, tsc_c3_compensate isn't being defined again, as of patch-2.6.14-rc4-rt6 (-rt4 was ok).

Cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@xxxxxxxxx