Re: VFS: file-max limit 50044 reached

From: Dipankar Sarma
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 13:37:48 EST

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 08:01:21PM +0200, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> Dipankar Sarma a écrit :
> >On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 09:16:25AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> >

> <lazy_mode=ON>
> Do we really need a TIF_RCUUPDATE flag, or could we just ask for a resched ?
> </lazy_mode>

I think the theory was that we have to process the callbacks,
not just force the grace period by setting need_resched.
That is what TIF_RCUUPDATE indicates - rcus to process.

> This patch only take care of call_rcu(), I'm unsure of what can be done
> inside call_rcu_bh()
>
> The two stress program dont hit OOM anymore with this patch applied (even
> with maxbatch=10)

Hmm.. I am supprised that maxbatch=10 still allowed you keep up
with a continuously queueing cpu. OK, I will look at this.

Thanks
Dipankar