Re: [patch 0/8] Nesting class_device patches that actually work

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 16:55:17 EST

On 10/17/05, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, what to do now? Here's my proposal for the future.
>
> We figure out some way to agree on the input stuff, using class_device
> and get that into 2.6.15. Personally, I like the stuff I just did and
> is in the -mm tree :)

If we are shooting at 2.6.15 I would just go with original 2-class
solution (input and input_dev) with doing symlinks in form of
/sys/class/input/mouseX/device -> /sys/class/input_dev/inputX

Correct me if I am wrong but this is least invasive and (at least for
older hotplug installations) all that is needed to make it work is a
symlink from input.agent to input_dev.agent.

--
Dmitry