Re: 2.6.14-rc4-rt7

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Oct 18 2005 - 02:29:39 EST

* Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Some feedback. It looks like the issues I was having are gone, no weird
> > key repeats or screensaver activations __plus__ no problems so far with
> > spurious warnings from Jack! Woohooo!!! (of course it may be that I
> > start getting them as soon as I press send)
>
> It took some time but I got a couple of instances of keys repeating
> too fast (it happened 3 or 4 times). Regretfully no BUG messages in
> /var/log/messages this time...

ok, i have uploaded the -rt8 patch, which has the ktimer debugging code
included again. Could you give it a try and see whether there are any
debugging messages happening at the same time the keys repeat?

the debugging code checks for two things:

1) is the monotonic clock truly monotonic (ktimers rely on this). Your
previous debug messages never indicated this, but it can happen on
other boxes so i kept it for completeness.

2) if a timer finishes 'early' then we assume it was due to a
user-signal - double-check that this is in fact true. [timer
programming bugs can cause early returns for other reasons, which
can result in bogus -ERESTARTBLOCK error codes fed to userspace,
confusing it.]

Ingo