How to use a USB SD/MMC card reader?

From: Helge Hafting
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 14:37:32 EST

I have an usb card reader (Apacer) in my desktop machine.

It has several slots for different card types. One of the slots accepts
the compactflash cards I use in my camera. I can mount those and
copy the pictures, no problems there. (It becomes /dev/sdf)

Another slot accepts SD/MMC cards. I tried inserting an MMC card,
but nothing seems to happen. Using /dev/sdf doesn't work - no medium.
And /dev/sdg doesn't exist.

I obviously have usb block devices & scsi working, or I'd be unable to use
the compactflash cards. I have also enabled CONFIG_MMC for this kernel. (2.6.14-rc3)

Is there anything else I should do, to make the mmc slot work too?

Helge Hafting