Re: Reiser4 lockups (no oops)

From: Chris Boot
Date: Thu Oct 20 2005 - 11:28:18 EST

Jens Axboe wrote:

On Thu, Oct 20 2005, Chris Boot wrote:

Quoting Jens Axboe <axboe@xxxxxxx>:

On Wed, Oct 19 2005, Chris Boot wrote:

I don't get any OOPSes or BUGs or anything, not on my screen nor on my
serial console (although I'm not sure I have this working right--I only
seem to get kernel boot messages). Machine replies to pings but I can't

Easy fix for that is probably to kill klogd on the machine. Test with eg

I'd love to, but the machine is locked solid and won't turn on the
display or switch TTYs or anything. Anyway, I've applied
reiser4-fix-livelock.patch from ftp.namesys.org and so far so good
(over night).

I mean _before_ the crash, to make sure the messages get out :-)

Oh! Hehe, now I get you. However, I'm using metalog for logging, and modprobe loop doesn't give any output. What's interesting is that serial console logging dies long before metalog is started, just after my swap is added in fact. I'm using Gentoo.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Chris

--