running linux TCP/IP stack on a real slow machine

From: Kallol Biswas
Date: Thu Oct 20 2005 - 16:23:27 EST

I have been designing and developing IP cores for a system on chip
project. A system emulator (RTL) has been used to validate the cores.
The emulated system runs at several Khz (700KHz) and is real slow.
Booting linux takes more that 40 minutes. We have a bridge for the
ethernet interface to talk to outside network, and it does not terminate
TCP connections.

If a process running on such a system tries to talk a process that is
running on a normal system (like a PC) over TCP/IP protocols what will
be the issues we will find in the stack?

I have a good idea on what is going to happen. Just looking for
comments/input.

Kallol Biswas