[BUG][2.6.13.4] Memoryleak - idr_layer_cache slab - inotify?

From: Stefan Jones
Date: Fri Oct 21 2005 - 13:23:57 EST

Hi all,

I noticed this a while back when gam_server (new fam replacement)
started playing up and the idr_layer_cache slab used up 300Mb of RAM.

To reproduce:

Run gnome and make sure it is using gam_server for fam.

In one console do:

while true ;do sleep 0.1 ; killall -w gam_server; done

In another try slabtop and see the idr_layer_cache slab climb, eating
memory (abit slowly).
( Gnome restarts gam_server after each kill for you and gets it doing
stuff )

I looked though the source and inotify does use the idr_layer_cache slab
and gam_server also uses inotify.

Thank for your time, shall I use bugzilla.kernel or is this ok? More
info needed?

Stefan