Re: /etc/mtab and per-process namespaces

From: Rob Landley
Date: Sat Oct 22 2005 - 12:01:59 EST

On Sunday 16 October 2005 19:47, Ian Kent wrote:

> > Or, you bite the bullet and fix /proc/mounts and let distributions bind
> > mount /proc/mounts over /etc/mtab.
> >
> > Sun recognized this as a problem a long time ago and /etc/mnttab has
> > been magic for quite some time now.
>
> Don't forget to update mount as well.
>
> Ian

I'm the maintainer of the busybox mount command. We've had /etc/mtab support
be optional (you can configure it out) for a while now.

There was some fancy footwork trying to get umount to automatically free loop
devices and such, but as far as I know that's all resolved in subversion and
if we can ever get a 1.1 release out, it should all just work...

Rob