Re: Billionton bluetooth CF card: performance is 10KB/sec

From: Ed Tomlinson
Date: Sun Oct 23 2005 - 07:54:41 EST

On Sunday 23 October 2005 04:35, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > > Transmitted 1000000 bytes in 103.183640 seconds (9.464 kbytes/s)
> >
> > I see about the same with a bluetooth usb adapter.  Suspect that is about what
> > you should see with bluetooth - its not designed for speed.  It would be really
> > nice to be wrong though...
>
> No, it is designed to do more. It should do around ~100 kbytes/sec
> according to spec, and MSI dongle *does* do 25 kbytes/sec easily
> against nokia 6230.

Pavel,

Then the interesting test is to see if the delay is kernel or phone. Are you talking
to the same phone with both adapters? If so please copy me on any test patches as
I too have the same issue when talking to a pilot T3 using rfcomm using a "0a12:0001
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)" usb dongle.

I would _love_ to get 25K/s

Thanks,

Ed Tomlinson