[BUG] 2.6.14-rc5-mm1 build fails for non SMP systems

From: Peter Williams
Date: Mon Oct 24 2005 - 20:15:31 EST

Without CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK configured in I'm getting a large number of "implicit declaration of function ‘__raw_read_unlock’" warnings and a subsequent failure at the link stage.

A trivial change to include/linux/spinlock_up.h (i.e. moving the definition of __raw_read_unlock() outside the ifdef) can get rid of this warning but I'm not sure that it's the right thing to do as I suspect this may be an indication of a less trivial problem elsewhere.

Peter
--
Peter Williams pwil3058@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-- Ambrose Bierce