Re: sata_nv + SMP = broken?

From: Vladimir Lazarenko
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 07:16:49 EST

Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
Hi,

On Wednesday, 26 of October 2005 03:03, Vladimir Lazarenko wrote:
}-- snip --{

Let me know if i need to test anything or you want more info.

Could you please create a Bugzilla entry for that, and put all of the
information you think can be relevant in there (including
.config(s), the output(s) of dmesg, the contents of /proc/interrupts
etc. for failing configurations)?

Actually, yesterday I was too tired to post a followup, but I'll surely do this now, since at 7am I think I was able to finally find a solution.

As a last step of my playaround, I took 2.6.14-rc5 and decided to give it a go. To my amazement - the box booted up WITH apic, the test raid resync went smoothly, and the box lives till this moment! :)

Happy-happy joy-joy. In the notable differences I saw libata going from 0.10 to 0.12, and sata_nv from 0.6 to 0.9 (actually 0.8 was the version, I guess Jeff forgot to bump the version, since comment says "0.9 Fixed the bug introduced with MCPxx support", but version defined is still 0.8).

Oh man, I can't believe I'm through with this.

Thanks everyone very very much for bearing with me all this time.

I suppose Bugzilla entry won't be necessary anymore? Or do you still want that for statistical purposes?

Regards,
Vladimir