2.6.14-ck1

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 06:18:36 EST

These are patches designed to improve system responsiveness and interactivity.
It is configurable to any workload but the default ck* patch is aimed at the
desktop and ck*-server is available with more emphasis on serverspace.

Apply to 2.6.14
http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.14/2.6.14-ck1/patch-2.6.14-ck1.bz2

or server version
http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.14/2.6.14-ck1/patch-2.6.14-ck1-server.bz2

web:
http://kernel.kolivas.org
all patches:
http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/
Split patches available.

Changes:

Added:
+adaptive-readahead-4.patch
We Fengguang's adaptive readahead patch. Please test and report experiences -
Wu has been cc'ed on this email, please keep him cc'ed for reports.

+set_workqueue_nice-1.patch
Add a function to set workqueue nice levels

+dm-drop_kcryptd_prio.patch
Use the above function to set kcryptd priority to nice 0 since kcryptd
consumes massive amounts of cpu. This code is safe but I don't even know if
it's successfully changing priority yet.

Updated:
~2.6.14_to_staircase12.1.diff
Rolled up staircase tweaks

~mm-swap_prefetch-18.patch
Current version of swap prefetching. Stable!

Full patchlist:
2.6.14_to_staircase12.1.diff
schedrange.diff
schedbatch2.9.diff