Re: kernel-2.6.14-rc5-rt7 - 604.62 BogoMIPS (2.6.14-rc5 - 6024.43BogoMIPS) problem with bogometer ?

From: john stultz
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 19:47:41 EST

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 20:37 -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> > > That should explain a differing lpj value, although 10x smaller is a
> > > little strange, so I'll dig into this on my system and see if I find
> > > anything.
> > >
> > > Do let me know if you see any actual changes in behavior (drivers acting
> > > funny, etc).
> >
> > John,
> >
> > Don't waste any time on this. This was caused by a brain fart on
> > Thomas' part :-) Some legacy code in ktimer_interrupt returned a enum
> > that was being used to update the ticks. So before high-res was
> > activated, the jiffies would be incremented 7 times instead of just
> > once. It's already been fixed. Just waiting for Ingo to release his new
> > patch.
>
> Would you want to be CC'd on all ktimer related patches? This way you
> wont think things like this was caused by your code.

I skim lkml so that's probably not necessary. This complaint just
grabbed my attention since I had made a related change in the area.

I did recall the jiffies issue once you mentioned it, but I'm not
keeping to close a watch as far as what versions of ktimers patches are
in what versions of the -rt tree (Ingo: is there a place where you have
the -rt tree broken out?)

Please do be sure to CC me if you run into any timekeeping related
problems, just so I'm sure not to miss them.

thanks!
-john