Still no USB 2.0 with 2.6.14 (on AMD64+nForce4)

From: Marek Szuba
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 21:32:24 EST

Hello,

Well, the topic says it all: regardless of whichever USB device I plug in, it never shows up as a high-speed one using EHCI even if it damn well should, and does work in high-speed mode when plugged into the same computer while running Win. Unfortunately the workaround I found on kerneltrap by googling, i.e. disabling USB 2.0 in BIOS, doesn't work for me, even though I have tried all possible combination of related options which didn't shut USB down entriely.

Any chance of having this bug fixed soon? Or maybe, since AFAIK the problem did not exist before 2.6.10, there is a patch which one could use to temporarily restore old behaviour?

As always, if you need any more information about the system in question or any other technical details, just let me know; I'm on LKML again right now.

Regards,
--
MS