Re: Multiple MODULE_AUTHOR statements

From: Randy.Dunlap
Date: Sat Oct 29 2005 - 20:55:51 EST

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:01:13 +0200 Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I saw some people adding multiple MODULE_AUTHOR statements to their
> drivers if they wanna mention more than one author. I normally used a
> comma separated list. Is it valid to use multiple statements? If yes,
> then I will change my drivers to use the same approach.

It works. I.e., modinfo will list multiple MODULE_AUTHOR entries.
MODULE_AUTHOR() just creates a special data section, nothing magic
about it. Several are allowed (in general).

However, include/linux/module.h says:
/* Author, ideally of form NAME <EMAIL>[, NAME <EMAIL>]*[ and NAME <EMAIL>] */
#define MODULE_AUTHOR(_author) MODULE_INFO(author, _author)

so someone thought that they should all be listed together (in one entry).

---
~Randy