2.6.14-rt1

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 08:33:21 EST

i have released the 2.6.14-rt1 tree, which can be downloaded from the
usual place:

http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/

this release is mainly about ktimer fixes: it updates to the latest
ktimer tree from Thomas Gleixner (which includes John Stultz's latest
GTOD tree), it fixes TSC synchronization problems on HT systems, and
updates the ktimers debugging code.

These together could fix most of the timer warnings and annoyances
reported for 2.6.14-rc5-rt kernels. In particular the new
TSC-synchronization code could fix SMP systems: the upstream TSC
synchronization method is fine for 1 usec resolution, but it was not
good enough for 1 nsec resolution and likely caused the SMP bugs
reported by Fernando Lopez-Lezcano and Rui Nuno Capela.

Please re-report any bugs that remain.

Changes since 2.6.14-rc5-rt1:

- GTOD -B9 (John Stultz)

- ktimer updates (Thomas Gleixner, me)

- ktimer debugging check fixes (Steven Rostedt)

- smarter TSC synchronization on SMP - we now rely on it for nsecs (me)

- x64 build fix (reported by Mark Knecht)

- tracing fix (reported by Florian Schmidt)

- rtc histogram fixes (K.R. Foley)

- merge to 2.6.14

to build a 2.6.14-rt1 tree, the following patches should be applied:

http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.14.tar.bz2
http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/patch-2.6.14-rt1

Ingo