Re: 2.6.14-git1 (and -git2) build failure on AMD64

From: Roland Dreier
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 11:17:05 EST

Andi> What compiler do you use? I cannot make sense of the error -
Andi> as far as I can see the function only has a single section
Andi> attribute. But gcc 4.0.2 reports the same error for me on a
Andi> different function.

Yes, the gcc error is very strange. The underlying cause is that
(with CONFIG_HOTPLUG=n so __devinit is not just defined away to
nothing) having toshiba_ohci1394_dmi_table[] declared __devinit makes
gcc think it has to put the array in a section along with code. But
instead of complaining about the array declaration, gcc complains
about some random function earlier in the file -- and which function
it picks to complain about seems to change depending on gcc version
and the phase of the moon.

- R.