Re: BIND hangs with 2.6.14

From: Stefan Schmidt,,,
Date: Mon Oct 31 2005 - 05:22:30 EST

In linux.kernel, you wrote:
> Unfortunately, the machine does quite a bit of other work apart from BIND, so
> unless somebody can reproduce this on another machine, it will be a bit
> difficult.

I saw the same error with 2.6.14-rc5 and filed bug #5505 against it. I
was also able to reproduce the behaviour using the same kernel and same
library/compiler versions on another machine using the same set of zones
and tcpreplay to simulate the query load. Our machine gets around 10
queries per second at ~40k slave zones. BIND version is 9.3.2v1 which
runs smoothly on our in-production nameserver with kernel 2.6.13.4 now.

netdev and the usual suspects are aware of the problem.

Stefan