TI FlashMedia driver

From: Ian E. Morgan
Date: Mon Oct 31 2005 - 15:17:05 EST

Given the number of people annoyed by the lack of a driver for TI's
FlashMedia controller (part of the 6xx1 & 7xx1 series chips), myself one of
them, I've started a project to reverse-engineer the device.

Basic details available here, adding new info whenever I get/discover it:
http://www.webcon.ca/~imorgan/tifm21/

Anyone with one of these devices (common in newer notebooks, especially
HP/Compaq units) interested in helping, please check out the above web page
and get on board!

P.S. There are a few reports that a company has already written a Linux
driver for this device, but it was only made available to Texas Instruments.
Although TI's documents do mention Linux support for these devices, there is
absolutely no sign of a driver available anywhere. Queries to TI by myself
any several other people in the past have gone unanswered.

Regards,
Ian Morgan