Re: TI FlashMedia driver

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Tue Nov 01 2005 - 03:56:47 EST

Ian E. Morgan wrote:
Given the number of people annoyed by the lack of a driver for TI's
FlashMedia controller (part of the 6xx1 & 7xx1 series chips), myself one of
them, I've started a project to reverse-engineer the device.

Basic details available here, adding new info whenever I get/discover it:
http://www.webcon.ca/~imorgan/tifm21/

There is some information about at least MMC controllers at:

http://mmc.drzeus.cx

The controller your working with is found here:

http://mmc.drzeus.cx/wiki/Controllers/TexasInstruments

From your page:

I was hoping the data block would reveal some basic information about the card that was inserted (capacity at least), but the above observations seem to deny that assumption.

All controllers I've seen so far either give raw access to the MMC bus or completely abstracts the MMC bits (making it a USB storage device or similar). In other words, you probably won't see any information other than the fact that a card has been inserted.

Rgds
Pierre