Re: [Linux-NTFS-Dev] [2.6-GIT] NTFS: Release 2.1.25.

From: Yura Pakhuchiy
Date: Tue Nov 01 2005 - 09:52:22 EST

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 21:54 +0000, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
> > About me, I did not tested this code before, at least because you had
> > not posted patches to mailing list when you send it to -mm. Sorry, but I
> > do not have git repository.
>
> That is a lame excuse:
>
> 1) -mm contains the patch (obviously) as a single file in the split out
> directory in Andrew's file space on kernel.org (where you would go to
> download the -mm kernel anyway).
>
> 2) If you had told me so I could have either posted the patches or put
> them somewhere for you... It takes me about 10 seconds to generate them:
>
> cd /usr/src/ntfs-2.6-devel
> git format-patch -n <linus' head>
>
> And I get all the patches output to disk...

That was explanation, not excuse. If you want people to test your code,
you should prepare it in form comfortable for them to test. Sorry, but I
do not have time for searching where I can download code you need to
test. I think that many others potential testers do not use git too, and
link to patch or inlined patches much more comfortable for them.

--
Best regards,
Yura