Re: Parallel ATA with libata status with the patches I'm working on

From: David S. Miller
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 10:31:10 EST

From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 16:02:45 +0100

> IMO porting/rewriting host-drivers to libata now is just
> counter-productive waste of time...

This would be an interesting opinion if you were asked for it.
But you were not, yet you keep stating it, therefore you must
feel threatened in some way.

I have to admit that your handling of Alan's desire to do this work
makes you look very non-transparent as the IDE layer maintainer.

What do you care if Alan converts all the drivers with his own time
and effort? If it's a waste of time, it's his time, which he can
spend in any way he so chooses. You've already stated that you think
it's a waste of time on at least 2 or 3 occaisions, so I think he and
everyone else gets your point and you don't need to restate this over
and over again.