Re: Kernel BUG

From: Mark Fortescue
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 18:15:28 EST

Hi Trond,

The error occoures well after the NFS root is up and running (during the
link phase of a gcc compilation of hello.c). I thought it might be part of
the NFS system due to the backtrace.

I am currently working on a GCC-3.4.3, Binutils-2.15 version to see if it
is a compiler/binary utilities issue. The problem I have is that
GCC-3.4.3, Binutils-2.15 does not cope with printk("%llu") so I know that
there is a high potential for failure with this combination.

If it works OK, I will try with GCC-3.4.3, Binutils-2.16.1 and GCC-4.0.2,
Binutils-2.15 to try and eliminate compiler/binutils issues.

Once I have eliminated compiler/binutils bugs/features then I will start
to concentrate on the Kernel to try to identify the initial point of
failure.

Regards
Mark Fortescue.