Re: NTP broken with 2.6.14

From: Hans-Peter Jansen
Date: Sun Nov 06 2005 - 17:49:24 EST

Am Freitag, 4. November 2005 03:50 schrieb Jean-Christian de Rivaz:

> After trying several time, I am unable to upgrade the BIOS of this
> machine. The flash utility hang all the system at the very beginning
> of the real access to programm the flash! This is maybe because I use
> a freedos image over pxelinux. I will try with a floppy and a MSDOS
> if I found such olds stuffs somehere.

Could very well be the netboot stuff. I typically flash BIOS/firmware
via DOS network boot images, which provides at least two different ways
of disk emulation: a: and c:, but some flash tools just freeze the
system on load/image load in both ways. Most prominently is the Promise
TX2/100 firmware update, but also a couple of motherboards BIOS'
flashers behave that way (cannot remember which ones, though).

Pete