Re: kernel status, "Elitegroup K7S5A" SOLVED

From: Pete Zaitcev
Date: Sun Nov 06 2005 - 21:31:54 EST

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 19:22:12 +0100, Martin Maurer <martinmaurer@xxxxxx> wrote:

> > test this by editing the source code for 2.6.7. In the file
> > drivers/usb/storage/transport.c, locate the subroutine
> > usb_stor_Bulk_max_lun() and comment out the two lines that call
> > usb_stor_clear_halt().

> this solved my problem too. [...]
> (i tested with a vanilla kernel 2.6.14).

I would like to see a real patch instead of verbal descriptions, because
what you say is not easily believable. I suspect a language barrier.

The difficulty is, in 2.6.14, both ub and usb-storage clear halts when
the device stalls (in ub_probe and usb_stor_Bulk_max_lun). It may be
incorrect, because it's a stall on the control pipe, not a bulk pipe.
But I have no idea what the proper recovery procedure is (e.g. what
happens if we just ignore stalls of control transfers?)

If someone like Pat explaned me what to do, I could code it.

-- Pete